Monday, June 27, 2011

Zankel Finalist

This past week I had the privilege of spending a few days in New York along with the three other Zankel finalists Neiko, Alyssa, and Paige . It was a tremendously awesome time, my favorite part exploring the permanent collection of the Society of Illustrators. The people I met were incredible. The judges were among the nicest people I've met and gave me literally the best critique of my entire life. I feel kind of silly preaching on my blog, but what I gathered from it applies to everyone. My highest thanks to everyone involved at the Society of Illustrators.

Never compromise your personality in your work, and never censor your work to try and appeal to others' expectations. It took 7 highly esteemed professionals for me to truly understand the importance of this.

And a big congratulations to Paige Vickers for wining! Check out her work!

1 comment: